Created by leaders in both business and education, The Water Council is convening the regionâ€™s existing water companies and research clusters, developing education programs to train our talent, and building partnerships that cut across all sectors and geographic boundaries.Â Our accomplishments to date are helping to write a compelling story to tell the world!
Whether you are in industry, academia or government, you will find a confluence of expertise and resources in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin region needed to succeed in the world water marketplace.
- More than 150 water technology companies.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, home to the first School of Freshwater Sciences in the nation.
- Designation as a UN Global Compact City, recognized internationally as a center of freshwater expertise.
- Institute for Water Business program at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
- Over 100 academic scientists and researchers focused on water solutions.
- A national sustainability leader for managing stormwater with green infrastructure, extracting renewable energy from waste products, and mitigating and adapting to climate change.
The Milwaukee region has quickly become recognized as a world hub for water research, education and economic development.Â We will continue to advance our global position by becoming a magnet that attracts creative talent, innovative ideas and is recognized as a water leader in tomorrowâ€™s world.
Watch these short videos to hear from Dean Amhaus, President & CEO of The Water Council, about our mission.